Attention harp faculty members, students, authors and friends of the harp community
Looking for suitable articles to publish in The American Harp Journal.
These may include, but are not limited to, articles on current or past harpists, analysis articles on harp repertoire, articles of historical interest, articles on harp builders, or on technique.
If you have ideas or questions, please feel free to contact the Editor. Submissions in Word or PDF format should be sent to AHJEditor@harpsociety.org. Photos should be in high resolution .jpg format. Multiple files may be sent in a .zip file for ease of transmission.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
1. Submit a hard copy of the text to the editor, along with a file on disk in Microsoft Word format. If you use a different format, please have the file converted to Word, and check it to make sure that nothing has been lost in the conversion.
2. The form of documentation for the Journal is MLA (Modern Language Association) style.
3. Use the traditional form for date: July 4, 1775.
4. All photographs must be high resolution. Please clearly label all pictures submitted. If there are group shots, please list the people in left to right order with careful attention to the correct spelling of names and places.
5. If you mention keys, write out G major, F minor. Also write out flats and sharps:
C-sharp, B-flat, etc.
6. The deadline for the winter issue is June 15 and the deadline for the summer issue is November 15. However, special deadline for the conference information is August 15. Bear in mind that the editor may have planned the major articles for the next issue far in advance of the deadline. It remains the decision of the editor as to in which issue your article will appear. The editor welcomes the opportunity to talk over ideas for Journal submissions way in advance of possible completion and publication.