Kathy Bundock Moore Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Moore was both a harp instructor for the University of Northern Colorado and a private harp teacher in the state of Colorado for over 30 years. She worked diligently to increase the effectiveness of the harp instruction in Colorado. It was her wish to fund a scholarship for students attending Colorado colleges and universities enrolled in an undergraduate music degree program with a specialization in harp. Her family and friends are supporting a fund within the AHS Foundation to make her wishes a reality. Currently the funds will provide for a non-renewable $2,000 scholarship to be awarded annually.
Requirements for application:
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or equivalent, for the 4 prior years of high school, junior college or current undergraduate studies,
- Acceptance in a state of Colorado undergraduate program for studies with a harp-centered degree program,
- A 200 to 300 word paper by the applicant discussing his or her reason(s) for applying, aspirations for achievement, and the scholarship’s role in achieving those goals. Include financial needs if significant.
- Two recommendations from current educators (one music and one general studies) that attest to the applicant’s abilities and drive to achieve far-reaching goals and difficult objectives,
- A performance DVD which includes two memorized pieces of harp music, one that demonstrates the applicant’s highest level of technical facility and one that demonstrates difficult and demanding rhythm skills. Maximum length of 15 minutes.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
Announcement of scholarship recipient: June 5, 2016.
Contact Alice Spero Keene at email@example.com to apply.