The Grandjany Memorial Competition was established in 1980 by Bernard Grandjany and enhanced by a bequest from Mary Wheeler in 1995 in order to continue performances and appreciation of the works of Marcel Grandjany. The award is $3,000.
The AHS Foundation will host the 2016 Grandjany Competition concurrent with the Anne Adams Awards in June, 2018. The AHS Foundation will hosts the 2018 Grandjany Competition concurrent with the Anne Adams Awards.
To be announced.
- Member of the American Harp Society, Inc.
- The applicant must be enrolled in College or Graduate School.
- The age limit is 32 as of the due date of the application.
Applications should include:
- A history of formal and informal educational background both in music and in other fields of study.
- Full name, birth date, legal residence, present address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement of long-range career goals.
- A detailed description of plans for study during the award year, including availability and commitment of the persons and facilities involved in the study program.
- Three letters of reference, two of which must be from music teachers, evaluating the applicant’s candidacy.
- A list of all previous harp teachers, current repertoire, and recent public performances (both as a soloist and as a member of an ensemble.)
- A CD OR mp3 recording of all three pieces.
Note: There should be no editing within the recordings of each of the works. But you may record each work separately.
2018 application information will be posted when available.
Please send any questions to:
email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org