Congratulations to 2016 Anne Adams Awards winners Anna Ellsworth, Anya Grace Garipoli, and Dana Schneider, and Grandjany Memorial Competition winner Anna Dunlap. Their awards were enhanced with a $200 award from the John B. Escosa Fund, a $500 Maxwell-Calkins Award, and a $500 gift certificate and specially designed award from Lyon & Healy Harps. A permanent plaque in the Lyon & Healy showroom is engraved with the winners’ names.
2018 Anne Adams Awards
Please check the AHS Foundation website for updated information, repertoire and requirements.
To be announced.
- Member of the American Harp Society, Inc.
- Enrolled full time in an undergraduate or Masters level program (or equivalent) during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- A typewritten application with a non-refundable application fee of $30 to arrive no later than March 1, 2018. Checks should be made payable to the American Harp Society Foundation.
Applications should include:
- A history of formal and informal educational background both in music and in other fields of study.
- Full name, birth date, legal residence, present address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement of long-range career goals.
- A detailed description of plans for study during the award year, including availability and commitment of the persons and facilities involved in the study program.
- Three letters of reference, two of which must be from music teachers, evaluating the applicant’s candidacy.
- A list of all previous harp teachers, current repertoire, and recent public performances (both as a soloist and as a member of an ensemble.)
- A CD OR mp3 recording of:
The two required solos
The orchestral excerpts
Note: There should be no editing within the recordings of each of the works. But you may record each work separately.
2018 application information will be posted when available.
Please send any questions to:
email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org